lunes, 14 de enero de 2008

William Blake



William Blake (1757-1827)


The Garden of Love


I went to the Garden of Love,

And saw what I never had seen:

A Chapel was built in the midst,

Where I used to play on the green.


And the gates of this Chapel were shut,

And "Thou shalt not" writ over the door;

So I turn'd to the Garden of Love,

That so many sweet flowers bore,


And I saw it was filled with graves,

And tomb-stones where flowers should be:

And Priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,

And binding with briars my joys & desires.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

OJO!
Agradeceríamos que los comentarios que insertéis fuesen correctos, ya que estamos en un foro púlico. Con "correctos" nos referimos a una expresión cuidada y respetuosa con los demás y sus opiniones.